Friday, February 18, 2011

When tone is stuck in caps.

I have the unfortunate problem, of a phone with a caps button that routinely gets stuck in caps, so I have a hard time conveying an appropriate response about 35% of the time, enough to be extremely annoying but not often enough for people to remember that my caps gets stuck. The following are times it has been unfortunate that the caps was stuck and I forgot to add at the end that "caps is stuck, sorry".


Conversation one:
Friend's text: Want to go get mexican for lunch?


My Response: IM SICK OF MEXICAN.

Friend's text:  Have a traumatic taco experience?


My Response: NO I JUST WANT PIZZA OR NOT MEXICAN.

Friend's text: I'm not trying to force anything on you, are you okay?


My Response: FINE (cause I never remember to put I'm in front of a condition, when the world revolves you and people can read your mind, I's redundant (and repetitive!) to use such words).

Conversation two:
Friend's text:  I need to do laundry


My Response: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE

Friend's text: not, that much, geez, have you been over lately?

My Response: NO? I HAVE LAUNDRY TOO

Friend's text: I never implied that you didnt?

My Response: OK?SOOOOO ARE WE DOING THIS THEN?

Friend's text:WHAT CRAWLED UP YOUR BUTT AND DIED?

My Response: WOW, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

Conversation three:


Friend's Text: hey

My Response:  HEY

Friend's text:  what are you to?

My Response:  I JUST BOUGHT A PACK OF GUM

Ok, i give up on this post. During this process which has now spanned somewhat like FOUR HOURS I have been fighting with technology. Apparently they like to stick up for each other, I have inadvertently changed the screen size from minuscule to Eye chart four times, each time taking me about  15 minutes to try and figure out how to fix it then 10 minutes working up the nerve to ask neighbor how to fix it (yes, I had  to ask EVERY time). I have partially deleted the text three times and wholly deleted it twice.  Let the battery run out once.

For a time I wrote in all caps, so that it made no sense, wrote half in bold, and started a new paragraph in the middle of another already finished paragraph. I also have broken the highlight function. I can't turn it off and I spend an hour playing a game of tag with the cursor.

Also, every single letter "R" on the SCREEN, not just the space I'm typing THE WHOLE SCReen, is highlighted in yellow. Except for that last one, and now I've broken the caps and shift buttons. I give up. Have a happy weekend, I'll be rocking in a corner, ranting about how the light switch is out to get me.












No comments:

Post a Comment