Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's not so much the heat

For those of you that don't live in an area of the world where the standard greeting is: person A "Hot enough for ya?" Person B responds with: "Well, it's not so much the heat, it's humidity", let me give you an example of what an average 91 degree day is like.

It's like walking outside and being smothered with a wet blanket that's been in the dryer only half a cycle. It's not wet enough to be called "drenched" but you're drenched by the time you get back inside and shrug it off. It ways you down.

It's the opposite of a cold shower, air conditioning, and a ceiling fan on high.

It's a sauna with no walls, no escape, and less dry.

It's stupid.

1 comment:

  1. I SO agree with you. I can't take this heat anymore. Sometimes I curse I say, "You freaking sun, I cannot take your stupid heat!" And wish the sun away. Ten minutes later, when I'm inside, I realize that without the sun we would be cast in forever darkness, let alone freezing temperatures, and that would set humanity to end right there, and the whole planet would become one big ice ball.

    I hope I didn't jinx it.

    Sun, I still hate you.

    ReplyDelete